What to Check When Buying a Used Car
When you step onto a Bridgeport car lot filled with pre-owned vehicles, it can feel a little overwhelming. But you don’t have to worry about selecting a lemon if you know what to check when buying a used car. Knowledge can even make the car buying process enjoyable. After all, you’re about to take a new-to-you car home! Here Dan Cava's Buick GMC explains what to check when buying a used car.
Things to Check When Buying a Used Car: At Home
Fairmont drivers like to be prepared. That’s why it’s essential to do a few things at home before you ever set foot on a used car lot. These are some things to check when buying a used car before heading out to shop.
- Check Your Budget: Decide how much you can afford to spend on a down payment and monthly. You can use our payment calculator to estimate your monthly payments. If you have a car to trade in, our value your trade-in tool can help you get an idea of how much it might be worth.
- Check Automotive Reviews: Websites like J.D. Power and Associates and Kelley Blue Book can tell you how different makes and model years perform. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has vehicle safety information so you can find a vehicle to keep you safe on Morgantown roads.
- Choose Your Year, Make, and Model: Once you complete your research, narrow it down to your top three makes and models. Feel free to use our vehicle finder tool to search for your perfect car!
- Select Your Dealership: Not all car dealerships are the same. Some might use high-pressure tactics or have a poor reputation for selling low-quality cars. Check local reviews to see what other customers have to say about their experiences with the auto dealer.
Things to Check When Buying a Used Car: At the Dealership
Once you’re at the dealership, these are some things to check when buying a used car.
- Checking the Vehicle History Report: This will tell you far more than just tire-kicking. Look for a clean title and detailed maintenance records. Also, was it involved in any accidents? You should also verify the miles on the odometer by checking it against the vehicle history report and check the number of owners. Too many owners could be a red flag!
- Go For a Test Drive Around Grafton: You need to see how it feels to drive it. Listen for any strange sounds. Make sure it is powerful enough for you and that the brakes are responsive.
- Get it Inspected by a Mechanic: The good news is that every car in our used vehicle inventory has already been inspected for dependability and safety by our service team. Our certified pre-owned vehicles pass a rigorous multi-point inspection mandated by the manufacturer. But, you still have the right to take a car to your mechanic before you purchase it.
Find Your Next Used Vehicle at Dan Cava's Buick GMC Today
When you’re ready to start shopping for a gently-used vehicle in Bridgeport, we invite you to visit us at Dan Cava's Buick GMC. You can also browse our inventory online and explore our new vehicle specials. Contact us and let us know how we can help!
More from Dan Cava's Buick GMC
As gas prices continue to soar to record numbers, the demand for fuel-efficient vehicles is stronger than ever before. If you’re looking for a well-rounded SUV that doesn’t sacrifice efficiency or performance, the Buick Encore is worth your consideration. So, what is the Buick Encore gas mileage? The 2022 Buick Encore mpg earns up…
The Buick Encore is a fan favorite in Bridgeport and beyond for its stylish looks, excellent fuel economy, and versatile cargo space. And with so many 2022 Buick Encore colors to choose from, it’s never been easier to show off your unique sense of style on Fairmont roads. In this guide, we will cover…
Are you on the hunt for a light-duty pickup with rugged performance and next-level technology? Look no further than the GMC Sierra. From its phenomenal towing capacity to its impressive fuel efficiency on Fairmont roads, the GMC Sierra is everything you want in a light-duty pickup. You have several 2022 GMC Sierra trim levels…